Here are the latest verified updates I can confirm:
- Marco Penge has announced he is stepping away from professional golf to focus on his health, after a challenging PGA Championship week. He posted on social media that he needs time to get his health back to where it needs to be and that he’ll be back soon.[1][2][3][4]
- The announcement followed his missed cut at the PGA Championship at Aronimink and references to ongoing ear/neck/nervous system issues that have affected him since a viral infection last year.[3][1]
- BBC coverage similarly reports that he is taking a break for health reasons, noting recurring health problems since the earlier viral illness.[5]
Notes and context:
- Dates are mid–May 2026, with initial reports appearing around May 17–19, 2026.[2][5]
- There is mention in some outlets of a broader discussion about his health and a temporary pause rather than a definitive permanent retirement; Penge himself stated he’ll be back soon.[4][3]
Would you like me to pull the most recent statements from his social accounts or compile a short timeline of his 2025–2026 season to date? I can also monitor for any updates on his return date or further health disclosures.
Sources
Marco Penge posted a statement Sunday evening and confirmed he was stepping away from professional golf to focus on his health. He signed off with three words: “I’ll be back soon.” The 27-year-old Englishman had just missed the cut at the 108th PGA Championship at Aronimink Golf Club.
www.yardbarker.comLatest golf news from PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, KornFerry TOUR
www.pgatour.comAfter missing the cut at the PGA, the 28-year-old Englishman announced on social media that he is hoping to regain his health, both mentally and physically.
www.si.comGet the latest Marco Penge news including rumors, updates, analysis and more at FOX Sports.
www.foxsports.comTurned pro in 2017 after a successful amateur career which included a victory at the Scottish Strokeplay in 2015. Earned his first professional title at the 2019 Prem Group Irish Masters on the EuroPro Tour. Ended that season third on the EuroPro Tour Order of Merit to secure a place on the HotelPlanner Tour the following year. Played his first full season on the HotelPlanner Tour in 2022, ending the year in 39th position on the Road to Mallorca Rankings. Won twice on the...
www.europeantour.comMarco Penge will be taking a break from the PGA Tour to concentrate on his health, the British golfer announced via social media on Tuesday.
www.yardbarker.comEngland's Marco Penge says he is taking some time away from the sport to focus on his health after missing the cut at the second men's major of the year.
www.golfmagic.comMarco Penge says he is taking a break from the PGA Tour after dealing with recurring health issues since suffering a viral infection last year.
www.bbc.comThe 26-year-old was also handed a £2,000 fine
www.gbnews.comMarco Penge, who retained his DP World Tour playing rights at the final event of last season, has been sanctioned after placing bets on multiple tournaments
www.golfmonthly.com